I copied this from All & Sundry who has been posting a similar recap since 2004.
It’s a nice way to think over the last year and look ahead to the new year. Feel free to copy.
Here we go
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Drove across the US and back and all that entailed that was new (drove through states I hadn’t visited before: Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California, Utah, Colorado, Nebraska; visited Albuquerque, New Mexico; saw the Hoover Dam; visited San Fransisco and Monterrey; drove the Big Sur highway; touched the Pacific Ocean from California shores;climbed in Arizona, Yosemite, and Utah; slept in a car for two weeks).
Completed a duathalon. Learned how to skate ski. Grew our first garden at our home.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My new year’s resolution was to read 52 books this year. I was close and read 42.
Haven’t figured out 2012 resolution yet. Have a baby?🙂
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My oldest childhood friend gave birth to her third child last week!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
The United States of America.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 15th to October 15th – our fall road trip. A wonderful adventure with my husband
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Paying off Louise! (car). She’s all ours now.
Winning a big appeal at work.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I can’t think of any major ones. This was a pretty good year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully, apart from a few pulled fingers from indoor climbing, nothing serious.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Road trip! And the down jacket I treated myself to after not crying rock climbing in Indian Creek.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage and paying off the car.
13. What did you get really excited about?
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep”. Not for its meaning, but because it played constantly on our road trip.
15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercising – or just getting out of my office – during lunch hours.
16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watching t.v. on my computer during lunch hours.
17. How did you spend Christmas?
Same as the last few years. Spent time with my family, husband’s family, and friends.
18. What was your favorite TV program?
Finally watched Lost (up to Season 6 now)
19. What were your favorite books of the year?
These are the ones I gave five stars to on Goodreads.com: Confessions of a Prairie Bitch – Alison Argrin; Sea Captain’s Wife – Beth Powning; Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day – Winifred Watson; Rockford – Frank Parker Day.
20. What was your favorite music from this year?
Adele, but I really need to start discovering new music.
21. What were your favorite films of the year?
Harry Potter. Sherlock Holmes.
22. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
33 this year. Lunch and spa date with a dear friend from high school. Lunch and Christmas craft fair with my husband and parents. Supper at inn in a historical park with friends. Another great birthday!
23. What kept you sane?
Husband, climbing, family, friends.
24. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Parking under a bridge is not safe during a tornado. (not that we experienced one on our road trip, but I read up on it just in case. We just don’t get tornadoes in Atlantic Canada and the thought of one freaks me out).
How was your 2011?