This quinoa salad has become my potluck staple. It’s extremely easy to make and always gets rave reviews and recipe sharing requests.The recipes come from Ellen, a woman I worked with at the Falls Brook Centre over ten years ago. We’ve lost touch since then, but I always think of her when I’m making this salad.
Ellen’s Yummy Quinoa Salad (adapted from Ellen Ruby)
- 1 cup quinoa – any colour (you can also use 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/4 cup wild rice, and 1/4 cup brown rice)
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 can corn nibblets
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Optional: 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Optional: 1 chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp cider or rice vingar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook and cool quinoa (this can be done hours in advance, just put in fridge until ready to assemble salad).
- Add red pepper, corn nibblets, feta and optional parsley and jalapeno pepper to quinoa.
- Mix together garlic, vinegar and oil for dressing and add to salad.